The Long Beach Art League was initially formed in 1952, by artist and long time resident, Leona Post and a few of her friends. Over the years this small group has grown into a paid membership over 140 strong with diversified artists and photographers. Our Executive Board consists of professional to newly discovered artists who are dedicated to maintaining and promoting the highest quality standards.
“To be a positive force in stimulating creativity and proficiency in the arts, while
facilitating our members in the realization of their personal goals.
Collaborating with other art organizations for the beautification of our community and
promotion of an increased appreciation of arts and culture in the society at large.”
• Maintain active memberships in community organizations and art & cultural organizations
• Participate in art exhibits in Queens and Long Island
• Maintain exhibits in four galleries within the city of Long Beach
• Teach, judge, and lecture at schools and organizations throughout the city
• Provide lectures and demonstrations at monthly meetings to stimulate interest in learning
• Sponsor of city events and the Barrier Island Little League
• Sponsor of “Saturday Morning Enrichment workshops” to introduce new outlets in artistic interpretations
• Publish a yearly calendar featuring the art of our members which is distributed throughout our community